Super Deluxe Kodiak Canvas Tent 6041VX 10x14 (with tarp 6043) -
Kodiak Canvas introduces its new Super Deluxe VX series of Flex-bow tents. We have taken our deluxe versions and replaced the vents with huge windows (everything else is the same). Windows on all four sides allow you to really open the tent up providing amazing openness. You get superb ventilation and improved temperature management. In daytime or hot conditions, zip the windows down and let the fresh air circulate. At night or when the temperature drops, zip up the windows partially or all the way. Available in 10x10
and 10x14 sizes.
Whether you’re headed to the campground with your family or elk camp with your hunting buddies, this rugged, all-season tent is well suited for the occasion. Made with premium-grade, Hydra-Shield, 100% cotton duck canvas. The tight weave and silicone finish make the canvas watertight yet breathable, minimizing condensation and mugginess. Go ahead and touch the inside walls during a downpour as this canvas will not wick water. The Kodiak flex bow VX tent frame has tempered, spring steel rods that keep the tent taut, and robust 1-inch steel tube poles that will hold up to fierce winds.
The floor is a seamless, heavy-duty, puncture-resistant, 16 oz vinyl that keeps water out. Easy, one-person setup takes only a few minutes after you have it staked out. The steep walls and 6’6” high ceiling provide a roomy interior with stand-up, walk-around comfort. Large front and back doors with top-rated #10 YKK zippers give convenient access. Six large windows provide openness and superb ventilation. Windows have no-see-um screen mesh, keeping out the smallest bugs.
A customizable gear loft and organizer system offer plenty of places to stow gear. A large awning provides shade and a covered entry. The handy strap-and-cinch storage bag means no cramming a tent into an undersized bag. Hefty 12-inch steel stakes included.
- 100% Cotton Duck Canvas.
- Durable, watertight, and breathable.
- Flex-Bow Frame: Exceptionally sturdy. It keeps the tent dry.
- Roof dimensions: approximately 116-inches x 68 inches.
- Quick and easy, one-person, set-up.
- Spacious 6'6" ceiling height provides walk-around comfort.
- Two large D-shaped doors (front and back) with #10 YKK zippers.
- Six large windows with no-see-um mesh. Provides openness and the best ventilation of any canvas tent.
- Large awning measuring 4’ Deep x 7’ Wide with a height of 72”.
- Customizable gear loft and organizer pockets.
- Heavy-duty 12-inch, steel rod, stakes.
- Handy strap-and-cinch storage bag for a convenient roll-up.
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Pack Weight: 79 lbs. (includes 6.5 lbs in stakes).
- Pack Size: Tent-- Length 30 in. Diameter 16 in., Poles-- Length 48 in. Diameter 5.5 in.
- Capacity: 8-person.
- Ceiling Material: 10 oz Hydra-shield™ canvas.
- Wall Material: 8.5 oz Hydra-Shield™ canvas.
- Floor Material: 16 oz vinyl. Polyester reinforced, seamless.
- Frame: 1-inch, galvanized, steel tubing.
- Flex-Bow Rods: 3/8-inch, solid, spring steel.
- All-season: Use year-round, but not designed for extreme winter mountaineering or heavy snow accumulations.
The image below is a 360 degree walk through image of the 10x10 Kodiak Tent 6011vx. It is identical to this 6041VX 10x14 tent, but this 6041VXis an 8-person instead of 6-person - everything else besides size is identical. Drag your mouse around to view any angle or direction.
6013 Kodiak Super Deluxe VX 10x10 #theta360 - Spherical Image - RICOH THETA
Helpful info for when you receive your tent:
"Season" the tent before using on an actual camping trip. Seasoning the tent is a process by which you set up the tent completely, lightly wet down the tent with a light water spray, and then let the tent dry completely. The seasoning process will shrink the canvas material around the stitches that were made during the manufacturing process and is what makes the tent water tight.
Set-up with one person?
Yes, you read that correctly. The flex-bow design from Kodiak allows the tent to be easily set up and taken down typically needing no more than 1 person to do so.
Is there a trick to setting up the tent quickly?
Not really. Understanding how the flex-bow design for the Kodiak tent works will help you with the set up though. The flew-bow name comes from the flexing rods that are at either end of the non-entry sides of the tent on the roof. These rods bend into place when you set up the roof poles. You will notice that when you start to prop up your tent after assembling the roof poles that the tent will pull heavily against the stakes in the corners and side of the tent. This illustrates the importance of good staking. When staking the tent, make sure the tent is tight and the stakes are secure in the ground. With the stakes in the ground correctly, the tent will prop up like magic, typically needing only around 5 minutes from start to finish.
Vestibule Wing Accessory:
If ordering the vestibule wing accessory, please note that the awning will not have all of the grommets to match the grommets on the vestibule wing. Please see the diagram below of where the grommets will need to be installed. You can get further information on the vestibule wing attachment and grommets here.