Camp in comfort and style with this high quality cabin tent from Kodiak Canvas. It is ideal for those extended use occasions. Made with premium grade, Hydra-Shield!, 100% cotton duck canvas. Storm flaps are on the outside and will zip up from the upside. The canvas or awning is sewn onto the roof and is supported by a sturdy metal frame. The tight weave and silicone finish make this canvas watertight yet breathable, minimizing condensation and mugginess. Go ahead and touch the inside walls during a downpour - this canvas will not wick water. The robust 1 inch steel tube poles with welded corner braces will hold up to the weather.
The floor is a super-duty, puncture resistant, 16 oz vinyl with welded seams that keeps water out. The tall ceiling (7.5 ft at peak) and steep walls (5.5 ft at sides) provide a roomy interior with stand-up, walk-around comfort. A large front door and 2 side doors with heavy-duty #10 zippers offer convenient access. 6 large windows allow ample air-flow, and have no-see-um screen mesh, keeping out the smallest pests. Limited lifetime warranty on the Hydra Shield Canvas Tent. Kodiak Canvas Tent Camping products generally ship via FedEx.
Kodiak Cabin Tents Features:
- Hydra-Shield!, 100% cotton duck canvas; watertight, breathable, durable.
- Sturdy, heavy frame with reinforced welded corner braces.
- The main, front door opening is on the 12 ft. side.
- Spacious 7.5 ft peak ceiling height and steep walls.
- Large D-shaped front door, and two side entries; use heavy-duty #10 zippers.
- Large windows with no-see-um mesh.
- Side Awning measures 6 ft by 5 ft and zips closed to cover the large window below it. It's water tight.
- Sidewalls roll up for openness and ventilation, or extend out with poles to convert either side into a small awning.
- Kodiak Camping Tents Include Heavy-Duty, 12-inch, steel rod, tent stakes.
How do Kodiak Canvas Tents compare with cheaper competitor canvas tents?
The first thing is that Kodiak Canvas is the Cadillac of canvas tents so you may invest a little more for a lot more quality.
One thing to compare is the tent weight. Some competitor 12x9 tents weigh about 69 lbs. This Kodiak Canvas tent weighs 87 lbs. That is 20% more tent for your money.
Other canvas tents are 8 oz. Kodiak Canvas is 8.5 and 10 oz on the roof. Canvas is tricky because there are a lot of factors other than just weight. Kodiak Canvas has a silicone treatment that is breathable and very durable (i.e. it will be waterproof for years and years of use) and will not wick (draw moisture from the outside when you rub against it on the inside).
Other canvas tents have the same center height 7.5 ft (90 inches ) but the side walls on the Kodiak Canvas tent are 5.5ft and others are 4 ft. That is going to make a huge difference on inside room and comfort.
This floor is a super heavy 16 oz vinyl with welded seams, almost unheard of in other canvas tents.
On competitor canvas tents the 90 degree angle connector poles are a common failure point. Kodiak Canvas tents are reinforced with a welded brace and heavy duty tubing.
Competitive Edge Products is an authorized reseller of Kodiak Canvas Tents.